Going through the process of finding the right online newsroom solution can be tricky. There are many different offerings, some having only bits and pieces of what your organization truly needs.
We have compiled a list of questions to ask any potential online newsroom vendor or even your own IT department when considering creating or upgrading your online newsroom.
1. How long has your company been in the business of building and maintaining online newsrooms?
2. Do you have a list of links of official online newsrooms that you have done for similar type of clients?
3. Do you host the newsroom? Is it a secure and redundant environment? What is your uptime and SLA?
4. Are you able to publish directly to social media channels? Do you have your own social network to promote my content?
5. Are you able to email content directly to targeted email lists? Do you have your own email database that I can leverage?
6. Are you able to track site statistics such as user sessions and page views? Are you able to track email distribution opens and reads? Are you able to monitor news for mentions of my company?
7. Do you use pre-formatted templates or do you create a unique, custom design exclusively for my company? Is it mobile friendly?
8. Will you customize your platform to better meet our needs?
9. Do you provide ongoing technical support and maintenance? Are there costs associated with this?
10. Do you host the video and images that we upload or do we have to link from other sources? Is there a limit to the number of multimedia assets we can upload? Is there a cost?
If you have questions or would like more information please email email@example.com